So you’ve booked your beach vacation and it seems so far away…
Well I’m sorry to say….it’s not that far off!
If you’re looking to tone and tighten up before Spring Break, the best advice you will ever get is to START NOW. Make it your goal to feel more confident and healthier by the end of March and if you begin now, you won’t feel rushed or anxious…just AMAZING!
Obviously, most people benefit from having a concrete goal or guideline when it comes to following through with any program. The extra motivation to stick with your workouts, or amp them up, can make a huge dent in your fitness goals! …and knowing you’ll be in a swimsuit is usually a good motivator. We all want to feel comfortable and healthy and enjoy a well-deserved vacation!
Working out and eating right should be a lifestyle, but there is nothing wrong with using a life event to push you to the next level! We are using Spring Break as an example but anything can help motivate you as long as it is important to YOU! Don’t have a huge life event coming up? No problem – set a deadline and assign a ‘reward’ when you reach your goal. Whether it is consistently coming to PSF 5+ days a week for a month, being able to hit a certain energy number in cycling or fitting into a certain pair of jeans, goals are personal…just make them realistic!
We want all of our PSFers to feel confident and healthy! We know that you want to feel strong and have energy to do what you want without fear of your body letting you down. Working towards your goals with plenty of time ahead will help propel you to success!
So back to Spring Break…let’s get started TODAY with these super easy-to-implement tips, and of course a good PSF sweat session!
Nutrition plays a HUGE role in achieving optimal health – you simply must commit to sticking to watching your calories and other nutrients (a.k.a. limiting the sugar, fried foods, etc.)
Let’s get started with these 5 Quick Tips:
- Clean out your kitchen and ditch the junk. Even if ‘it’s for your kids’ – ditch it!
- Fill your kitchen up with fresh veggies, fruits and lean proteins. Add in some low calorie, healthy snacks and easy grab & go nutritious bites.
- Have a staple breakfast that is your go-to. Yogurt and fruit, egg whites, whatever it is, don’t make breakfast an obstacle, have a plan and stick to it.
- Have 4-8 healthy recipes on hand that you can make any given day for lunch or dinner. If it isn’t super ‘family-friendly’ then know how to portion it out for one.
- Eat super amazing 90% of the time. The other 10% have a bite of a dessert, glass of wine, piece of pizza…just think about it over a whole week and try to be ‘good’ 90% of the time!
I cannot tell you how awesome it is to see someone start their fitness journey at PSF and commit to the program. Like REALLY commit. We recently have had clients make massive health improvements in only a few months because the lightbulb went one and they seriously committed. They came to class even when they were tired, busy, it snowed, whatever…they found a way. Their consistency lead them to continue to make healthy eating choices and the combined effect got them results…and fast!
Check out these 5 Quick Tips for getting on track with fitness:
- Schedule your workouts and stick to them. Don’t be a one-day wonder, get to PSF 5-7 days a week. You can fit in a 20-30 minute class every day…you know you can!
- Try hard! Like REALLY hard. Focus on YOU the entire time you are in class – watch your form intensely, be the leader in your circuit group, grab heavier weights even if you can’t use them the entire class, etc. Push yourself and let your instructor help you get there!
- Take a variety of formats. Always in cycle? …you NEED studio classes to shock your body into quickly responding. Not taking Signature at least once a week? …well that is a BIG no-no. Never take cycle? …go in there and take a 30 minute ride – the calorie burn itself is worth the “sheer terror” of trying (j/k it’s not scary at all…you’ll actually have fun!)
- Try working out at different times of the day. We have classes early, mid-morning, late-afternoon and evening. Never been to a night class? Come check out a session – you might be surprised at how it refreshes your routine!
- Stop feeling guilty about working out! Exercising shouldn’t be a chore, it should give you more energy, boost your self-esteem and improve your overall health. Change your mindset from “I have to…” to “I get to..” because some day, you won’t be able to rock that burpee any more.
No matter what…stick with it! There is no ‘magic bullet’ – what works is consistency!