- 1 breakfast option | 2 lunch/dinner options | 2 side/snack options
- Watch add-ons and extra condiments!
- Be conscious of portion sizes!
- Make substitutions as needed but keep all switches in line with original recipes/meal suggestions
- Record your meals and food intake and make yourself accountable!
- Share your meals, tips, suggestions and questions via our private Facebook group
Quinoa Egg Power Bites
- 1 cup dry quinoa (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium cucumber, shredded
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup basil, julienned
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 12 whole pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Soak the quinoa for 5 minutes and drain. In a saucepan over high heat, combine the quinoa with the broth and 1 tablespoon of the ghee and bring it to a boil. Stir well, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy.
Combine the eggs, cucumber, cheese, basil, cumin, cayenne, salt, and remaining ghee in a large bowl. Stir in the quinoa.
Pour the mixture into a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin and top with the nuts, if desired. Bake the power bites for 20 minutes. Remove them from the tin and let cool on a rack so you don’t burn your excited mouth. Douse them in hot sauce if you like an extra kick!
Peanut Butter, Banana and Chia Toast
Clean Eating Blueberry Muffins
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with unbleached muffin liners or use silicone muffin tin (I used both and didn’t spray anything).
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well to combine, making sure baking powder and soda have dissolved. Add flour and stir gently to mix. Do not over mix. Add blueberries and give a few stirs.
- Using large ice cream scoop, fill 12 openings with batter. Bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool off completely.
Store: Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 – 4 days, in a fridge for up to a week or in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Breakfast Yogurt Sundae
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Tortilla
Lemon Coconut Protein No-bake Bites
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Vanilla Protein + Greens)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk (plus more, if needed)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
Place dates, applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla in a large food processor. Process until dates look nearly pureed and mixture is very-well combined.
Add coconut flour, protein powder and salt. Process until mixture forms a smooth ball of “dough.” (If mixture looks too dry, add almond milk. If it looks too wet, add coconut flour.)
Roll into 12 balls. Place about 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll balls in coconut, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pesto and Parmesan Eggs
Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burritos
BREAKFAST BURRITO INGREDIENTS:
- 2 small tortillas
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoned black beans (recipe below)
- (optional) salsa
BLACK BEANS INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE BREAKFAST BURRITOS:
Lay the tortillas flat on a serving dish. Layer scrambled eggs, cheese, avocado and black beans down the center of the tortillas, then roll to close. Serve warm.
TO MAKE THE BLACK BEANS:
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Then add the black beans, chili powder, oregano, and cumin, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro and lime juice, then season with a generous pinch (or two) of salt and pepper.
Overnight No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal
- old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut)
- Greek yogurt (regular yogurt is thinner; if you use it, you’ll need to reduce the amount of milk)
- milk (I used skim, but any kind will work)
- chia seeds; I bought mine at Whole Foods; also available on Amazon
- half pint (1 cup) mason jars, find them at Walmart and grocery stores; also available on Amazon
- toppings for whatever flavors you enjoy: i.e. fresh blueberries and maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon and honey or bananas, peanut butter (or PB2), and honey
Add oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds to jar, along with desired sweeteners or flavors. Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine. I use white plastic jar lids sized to fit canning jars–they last longer than the metal tops and rims that come with the jars, and they are easier to screw on and off; some Walmarts carry them, and they’re available on Amazon. Add fruit and stir gently until combined. Place in fridge overnight and up to 2 days; maybe longer depending on the type and ripeness of the fruit. The non-banana varieties have been good after 4 days usually.
Spicy Sausage Waffle Sandwich
Tropical Green Smoothie
LUNCH & DINNER RECIPES
Crunchy Tuna Wrap
Ingredients: 1 whole-wheat wrap: 130 calories, half a 6-ounce can of tuna: 90 calories, ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt: 30 calories, ½ a celery stalk, chopped: 5 calories, 3 slices roasted red peppers: 30 calories, 1 handful of baby spinach: 5 calories, 1 squeeze of lemon juice: <1 calorie
Ingredients: 1 whole-wheat wrap: 130 calories, 3 slices deli turkey: 90 calories, 2 tablespoons hummus: 60 calories, 1 tablespoon goat cheese: 60 calories, 1 handful baby spinach: 5 calories
Ingredients: 1 whole-wheat bun: 90 calories, 1 turkey burger patty: 140 calories, 2 tablespoons feta cheese: 50 calories, 2 slices tomato: 10 calories, 1 round slice red onion: 5 calories, 1 handful spinach: 5 calories
Spicy Black Bean Burrito
Ingredients: 1 whole-wheat wrap: 130 calories, ¼ cup black beans: 60 calories, ¼ avocado, sliced: 60 calories, ¼ small red onion, sliced: 10 calories, 1 teaspoon hot sauce: 5 calories
Ingredients: 1 whole-wheat bun: 90 calories, 1 veggie burger patty: 100 calories, 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese: 140 calories, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce: 40 calories
Ingredients: 1 6-inch whole-wheat sub roll: 220 calories, 2 tablespoons hummus: 60 calories, ¼ cucumber, sliced: 15 calories, 1 small tomato, sliced: 10 calories, 5 black olives, halved: 40 calories, ½ carrot, shredded: 30 calories, 1 handful alfalfa sprouts: 5 calories
Ingredients: 2 slices whole-wheat bread: 180 calories, 3 slices turkey bacon: 130 calories, 2 slices tomato: 10 calories, 1 leaf romaine lettuce, 5 calories, 1 tablespoon low-fat mayo: 50 calories
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Ingredients: 1 cup spinach: 7 calories, 1 cup strawberries, sliced: 50 calories, 1 thick slice fresh mozzarella cheese: 70 calories, 2 tablespoons pine nuts: 110 calories, 1 cup broccoli: 30 calories, 1 tablespoon olive oil: 110 calories, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar: 5 calories, 1 squeeze lemon juice: < 1 calorie
Garden Pasta Salad
Ingredients: ½ cup whole-wheat pasta: 110 calories, ½ a chicken breast, sliced: 100 calories, 1 thick slice fresh mozzarella cheese: 70 calories, 4 kalamata olives, sliced: 60 calories, ½ green pepper, sliced: 10 calories, ½ carrot, shredded: 30 calories, 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing: 15 calories
Sprout ‘n Spinach Salad
Ingredients: 2 cups baby spinach: 14 calories, 1/2 avocado, diced: 120 calories, 1 handful alfalfa sprouts: 5 calories, 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced: 12 calories, 1/2 carrot, grated: 30 calories, 2 tablespoons hummus mixed with 1 tablespoons olive oil: 170 calories
Stuffed Sweet Potato
Ingredients: 1 cooked sweet potato, sliced: 100 calories, 3 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled: 130 calories, ¼ cup Greek yogurt: 30 calories, 1/2 scallion, chopped: 5 calories
3-Bean Salad with Kale
Ingredients: 1 cup kale, massaged: 30 calories, 1 squeeze lime juice, < 1 calorie, 1 squeeze lemon juice, < 1 calorie, ¼ avocado, chopped: 60 calories, ¼ cup black beans: 55 calories, ¼ cup white beans: 50 calories, ¼ cup kidney beans: 50 calories
Healthier Cobb Salad
Ingredients: 1 cup romaine lettuce: 8 calories, ½ a chicken breast, sliced: 100 calories, 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled: 87 calories, ¼ avocado, sliced: 60 calories, 1 large hard-boiled egg, sliced: 75, 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese: 37 calories, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar: 15 calories
Chicken & Rice Stir-Fry
Ingredients: ½ cup ready-made brown rice: 100 calories, ½ a chicken breast, sliced: 100 calories, 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced: 40 calories, ½ red pepper, sliced: 10 calories, ½ green pepper, sliced: 10 calories, ¼ small red onion, sliced: 10 calories, 1 tablespoon olive oil: 110 calories
Greek Pita Salad
Ingredients: 1 cup romaine lettuce: 8 calories, ½ whole-wheat pita, sliced: 40 calories, ¼ cup feta cheese: 100 calories, ¼ cup chickpeas: 70 calories, ½ cucumber, sliced: 30 calories, ¼ small red onion, chopped: 10 calories, 2 tablespoons Greek dressing: 110 calories
1 cup cherries
1 small banana
1 large handful of sweet potato chips
9 Parmesan Garlic and Herb Pita Chips
1 large peach
10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa
1 small apple
¼ cucumber sliced W/ 2 TBSP of hummus
¾ cup apple chips
Two pretzel rods W/ 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
½ C plain Greek yogurt W/ ¼ C fresh blueberries
8 mixed olives
10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus
1/2 an apple and 1 low-fat cheese stick