We know you’ve been rocking the Fit-for-Fall Meal Plan, but if you’re looking to spice things up (maybe even literally!) we’ve got an extra *BONUS* Meal Plan to mix in with your new favorites! Swap some of these recipes and ideas with what you’ve already learned you love and you’ll have so many options, there is no way you can make a bad meal!
Feel free to customize each menu item to suit your personal needs/budget. You’ll see some repeats, but if you need to keep repeating, that’s totally fine. Most of the dinners are designed to serve 4, so you may have leftovers, which is always awesome.
Lots of variety is included here to inspire you, so don’t be surprised when
you see that grocery list FULL of stuff. Again, pick what you like, move things around, do what you need to do to make it work for you! And if you’ve got questions or need other suggestions, send them our way!
- Breakfast: Overnight Bulgur: http://www.sarahaasrdn.com/super-easy-overnight-bulgur/
- Snack: Apple and PB: Slice one apple and top with peanut butter or other nut/seed butter or your choice
- Lunch: High-Powered Salad: Perfect for lunch or school! To the bottom of a bowl or container, add 2 cups leafy greens. Top with ½ cup shredded carrot, ½ cup shredded cabbage, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 1 can light tuna, packed in water (drained) and ¼ cup canned, drained garbanzo beans. Toss with your favorite salad dressing just before enjoying.
- Snack: Yogurt and fruit: Enjoy 1 cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt topped with fresh or frozen (unsweetened) fruit of your choice.
- Dinner: Instant Pot Tikka Masala:
- Breakfast: Simple Fruit Smoothie: To a blender add, ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup frozen fruit of your choice (a combination of fruits works awesome here), ¼ of an avocado, 1 cup spinach, ¼ cup milk or milk alternative. Blend until smooth, thinning with extra liquid as needed/desired. Bonus add-ins: chia seeds, ground flax seed, nut butter.
- Snack: Dried Fruit and Nuts Snack: Enjoy ¼ cup dried, unsweetened fruit (cherries, blueberries, apricots, mango, etc) with ¼ cup nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc)
- Lunch: Fall Salad: Cut ½ of a medium apple into slices. Add to a bowl along with 2 cups baby kale or 2 cups finely sliced kale, 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup shredded carrot and 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy with 1 serving whole grain crackers. For additional protein, add 1 cup leftover or rotisserie, shredded chicken. To make balsamic vinaigrette: whisk 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black
- Snack: Popcorn: Yep, popcorn! Choose air-popped popcorn and stick with three cups, which is considered 1 serving. Top with a dash of cayenne pepper or parmesan cheese or a squeeze of lime juice!
- Dinner: Spicy Thai Shrimp Cakes:
- Breakfast: Cereal & Milk: 1 cup whole grain cereal with ¾ cup milk/milk alternative and 1 banana or other fruit of your
- Snack: Hard-Boiled Egg and Sriracha: Slice 1 hard-boiled egg into quarters and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on a piece
of toasted, whole grain bread, drizzle with sriracha and top with baby arugula.
- Lunch: Harvest Turkey Wrap: Mix 1 tablespoon plain Greek with ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard. Spread mixture down the middle of a 6-inch, whole grain tortilla. Top with 3 ounces deli turkey, 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, baby lettuce, sliced red onion, crumbled goat cheese and a few chopped pecans. Enjoy with an apple.
- Snack: Fruit and Nuts: 1 plum/pear/orange/apple, etc & ½ cup unsalted dry-roasted pistachios
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad:
- Breakfast: Yogurt, Berries & Museli: 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, ¼ cup museli (store-bought or homemade), ½ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Snack: Kefir and Fruit: Enjoy 1 cup kefir along with 1 cup fruit (fresh or frozen) of your choice (apple, banana, orange, mango, etc)
- Lunch: Serve 1 cup shredded, rotisserie chicken on 2 cups of lettuce. Top with 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese, handful of cherry tomatoes, 4-5 black olives and 1 tablespoon salad dressing of your choice. Add cooked grains or beans for an extra fiber/protein boost.
- Snack: Avocado Hummus & Veggies: Mash ¼ of a ripe of avocado and mix into 2 Tbsp hummus. Serve with 1 cup baby carrots (or other veggie of your choice) for dipping.
- Dinner: Simple Moroccan Salmon – serve with Moroccan Quinoa (note you can sub navel orange for blood oranges!)
https://www.feastingathome.com/simple-moroccan-salmon/ & https://www.feastingathome.com/moroccan-quinoa/
- avocado, 1
- apples, 2
- bananas, 2-3
- bell peppers, 2
- lettuce, 2 bags pre-cut, any kind
- grapes, 1 bunch
- berries, 1 pint, any kind
- cherry/grape tomatoes, 2 pints
- baby carrots, 1 bag
- clementines, 2
- cucumber, 1
- lime, 1 each
- lemon, 1 each
- garlic, 1 head
- scallions, 1 bunch
- sweet potato, 1 medium
- asparagus, 1 bunch
- fingerling potatoes, 8 ounces
- cilantro, 1 bunch
- bonus veggies of your choice
- deli turkey, 6 ounces
- rotisserie chicken, 1 each
- hummus, plain, 1 containerpistachios, 1 small bag
- walnuts, 1 small bag
- cashews, 1 small bag
- 4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- whole grain cereal
- granola (<9g sugar/serving)
- whole grain waffles, 1 package
- whole grain crackers
- air-popped popcorn, 1 bag (choose olive oil)
- whole wheat tortillas/wraps (about 6-inches), 2 packages
- low-fat milk or non-dairy milk, ½ gallon
- feta cheese crumbles, 1 container
- kefir, plain, 1 container
- sharp cheddar cheese block, 1 each
- shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- grated parmesan cheese, 1 small container
- 2% small curd cottage cheese, 1 small container
- non-fat, plain Greek yogurt, 1 small container
- guacamole, 1 small container (or buy and avocado, lime and jalapeño and make you’re own!)
- black olives, 1 jar
- salad dressing, 1 container (choose vinaigrette-based)
- canned pears or peaches, packed in 100% juice, 1 large can
- no salt added chickpeas, 2 cans
- no salt added pinto beans, 1 can
- no salt added black beans, 1 can
- pickled jalapeños, 1 small jar
Pantry Staples (you likely have most of these already!)
- peanut butter, natural, 1 container
- dried apricots, 1 bag
- ground flax seed, 1 bag
- shredded, unsweetened coconut, 1 small bag
- chia seed, 1 bag
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- quinoa, 1 bag